This photo was taken of you and Mark last week. He had his head shaved in the CANSA Shave-athon.
Today I showed you a butterfly and you seemed completely fascinated with the large beautiful creature that fluttered around your pram.
Mark had a Microsoft Course to attend to at the Pavilion so Tammy dropped him there and then you two spent the day with us.
Last week Tammy dropped her wedding ring in the car. It slipped between the centre consol and the carpeting. She couldn't get it out so she took the car to Toyota and they had to remove the front car seat, lift the carpet and retrieve the ring from under the carpet.
You were an angel today. You didn't cry once and, guess what, you even went to sleep on your own in your pram.
This is the first time that I have been with you that you have gone to sleep without being held. You were in your pram and I rocked you with one hand whilst I ate my lunch with the other. Next thing your eyes closed and you fell asleep! Little angel child.
Now, about this CANSA thing. Your aunty Patty had a little spot on the side of her nose diagnosed as a malignant melanoma - cancer. She started radium therapy last week and has to go for 17 day after day treatments. Its quite a mission so I am driving her to the hospital every day. So far she is coping well but she had been very nervous about it all. Your aunt is a brave lady, she has COPD and now cancer and still she smiles and if you ask her how she is, she says, "I'm fine thank you" - even when she isn't. Your mother is a strong lady too so I think you are going to grow up with strength as well.
You'll be coming to spend some time with me again tomorrow little Em. I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023