This has been an eventful year for you Em.
- You started crawling in January and by July you started walking - in spite of a fracture to your right tibia in May.
- You also started signing at the start of the year and once you got the hang of it you learned a new sign nearly every week! Please, thank you, cheese, ice-cream, apple, drink, dog, cat etc etc etc.
- You have been for regular Pamidronate treatments every two months but from next year it will be every three months. I think the treatment is really helping and although its a bit traumatic for you and your parents, it is wonderful that there is something to help make your bones stronger.
- In April you started going to the Shongololo Day School with your Mom and you loved it right from the start.
- Unfortunately you had your 3rd fracture in May but it wasn't long before you were back at school and then you started standing, and walking, and my hair started turning white!
- You had a tibia fracture in September (number four) and you celebrated your 2nd birthday with a cast on your leg. It didn't hold you back for long because as soon as the cast came off you wanted to stand and walk again.
- In December you went to your first Christmas Tree Party at Dad's work and, at Rita and Dennis' 40th Anniversary party you fell in love with a little boy called Connor. This was where you had your first kiss!
- Last week Mom and Dad took you to a game farm near Umfolozi where you got to touch a Cheetah! That was very special for such a little girl!
Big hugs my precious,