MOMMY'S GIRL

Hello my darling Em.
You are now 22 months old, have a vocabulary of about 50 words, understand at least another 100 words, can still sign at least 20 words.  And sometimes you sound just like your Mom!  When you see something wonderful you say, "Oh WOW!"  (Just as she does).  When we say thank you to you, you say, "No problem" and when something disappoints you, you say, "Oh no!"
And, you have become a Mommy's girl.  You don't like to let her out of your sight and if I play with you, you take your Mom's hand and say "Come mommy, come."  You wave your little fingers as though calling a dog!
On Saturday I babysat while your Dad drove your Mom to the airport. (She was going away for her friend's hen party).  You woke up while he was gone and when I went into your room you were rubbing your eyes and calling, 'mummy-daddy, momma-dadda!'  As soon as you saw me your face dropped and you said, "Oh no!"  I couldn't help laughing and you looked quite confused! 
You now walk all over the place.  On Saturday we came back here to our house to have a braai before the men - Gumpy, Greg and Mark - watched rugby.  I spent nearly all afternoon walking bent over, holding onto the back of your shirt as you toddled up and down the garden path, around the corner to the granny-flat, onto the drive-way to where the cars were parked.  Once the guys went inside to watch rugby I put you in your pram and took you for a walk around the block. 
I went home with you and Mark to your house and you fell asleep in the car on the way home.  You are an angel baby Em - a real little angel.
On Sunday morning I made Mark go through to your room when you woke at 5h30 so that you wouldn't be disappointed again seeing me instead of Mummy or Daddy!  Once you were awake you were happy to be with me but you still asked for Mummy.  We went to the airport to fetch her at 7am and I don't know who was more happy to see the other!
This weekend you'll be going into Entabeni to have your pamidronate treatment again.  The months seem to fly and it seems like last week that you were in hospital.  Mark and I were talking about his breaks and the lack of treatment when he was a baby - how things could have been different for him (and us) if there had been pamidronate 30 years ago.  Maybe he wouldn't have had over 130 fractures and a dozen surgeries.  I'm so grateful that you don't have to go through all that my darling.  I'm also grateful that your OI is not one of the severe types.  I've just finished reading a book called "Fragile, Handle With Care" about a little girl with OI Type 111 and kept thinking how lucky we are that your Dad, and you, are not a severely affected.

My friend May Miller is going to be walking the Camino pilgrimage in Spain and has decided to walk for you.  What this means is that she will pray for you as she walks and will carry a photograph of you and your Mom and Dad.  People are really kind and we are grateful for their support.
You had a temperature today so your Mom didn't take you to play school.  I miss you when we don't see you in the afternoon - even if its just for a short visit.
I love you Em,
Silly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023