CHRISTMAS 2010


What a Christmas season you've had Em!
Dad's friend Kevin and his girlfriend Jacqui were supposed to arrive in South Africa last week but there has been a big freeze in Europe with major airports closed and their flight cancelled.  So, earlier in the week Mom and Dad took you to the Emdodeni Lodge and Cat Rehab Centre in Zululand, close to Umfolozi-Hluhluwe Game Reserve.


Their aim is to care for wild Cheetahs, Cerval Cats, African Wildcats and Caracal (Lynx), which have been orphaned or injured in the wild and are in need of care and rehabilitation.  Some of the cheetahs have been reared at the centre from young and visitors get to interact with them.  You were able to touch a grown cheetah!  You were afraid at first but eventually you plucked up courage and touched one when it lay down.  On the way home you travelled through the Umfolozi Game Reserve and saw nearly all the animals there excepting for the cats.
On Christmas Eve we all went to Patty's. You were in your element with so many family and friends there. Ouma Laura was there with Johan, Steven and his lovely girlfriend Sarah, Greg and Sharon and her parents Rita a Dennis, Jeff and Gail with Craig (Richard and Brian went to Kenton for Christmas). And then on Christmas day you came to our house. There were stacks of presents under the tree and you were very good about not touching anyone else's presents. You loved the lawnmower and couldn't wait to show Gumpy your rake and spade. And then you modelled the little sparkly outfit you got that matches the dress of the Barbie 'Look-alike' dolly.

There were also lots of other people for you to play with and you loved Michelle and Monique who came in the afternoon - especially Michelle who played kitchen games with you on your new juicer, toaster and coffee maker. Such fun!
By the time evening came you were exhausted and Mom said that you were still fast asleep at 7am.
It is wonderful - and a little scary - to see you walking around everywhere Em.  Your right foot turns out a bit (that is the leg that has fractured 3 times) but otherwise your gait is okay. 
I still try to hold your hand or cling to the back of your shirt or dress but often you just take off and the next minute someone is tearing after you to ensure that you don't walk down stairs or fall over some object.
You are such a friendly little girl Em and you love company.  You hug and kiss and pat people on the back and you are also very polite, always saying, "Tant-you" and "yes please" and "scuse me" and "there you go".
There is an old song I sing to you called "I love you so much it Hurts".  When I sing it you join in with a few words like , '...hurts me ... darling .... blue ...  night ......soho"

"I love you so much .... it hurts me
Darlin' that's why I'm so blue
I'm so afraid to go to bed at night
Afraid of loooooooosing you

I love you so much...... it hurts me
And there's nothing I can do
I want to hold you my dear
Forever and ever
I love you so much .... it hurts me ....soho ...

I do love you, SO much my Em darling!
Ganny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023