30TH JUNE - You are a GIRL!

Hello Emily-Ann!!
Yes, we now know that you are a girl and we are over the moon!!
I had a feeling all along that you were a girl and even thought of you as Emily.
You are the first girl in our family for many years. I have two sons, Patty had Shawn, and Jeff and Gail have got three sons, Richard, Craig and Brian.
How WONDERFUL it will be to have a little girl in our family. When Mark phoned to tell me, I got
quite emotional and could hardly say the words when Finn asked me what was wrong - I was grinning from ear to ear but also tearful! (He hasn't seen me with tears for at least 10 years!)
I collected Patty and we went straight to the baby shop and I bought you all sorts of pink things - little vests, dresses, jackets, baby-grows, leggings, little caps and so on. Patty bought you 100 new born disposable nappies and two lovely baby blankets.
Your mom and dad came to have dinner with us
and showed us the video of the scan. Emily, it was amazing to see you moving about, touching your face with a little hand, to see and hear your heartbeat. The video lasts almost 10 minutes. The radiographer measured your skull and estimated that you are 22 weeks (23 weeks into the pregnancy) and weigh about 470g. She also highlighted a femur and measured it. It was a perfect femur - straight and strong looking. So far there is no sign of OI and we are all so thrilled about that. And then she drew a line and wrote ITS A GIRL and we all laughed and hugged each other.
Photos: Jeff and Gail with Patty, me and Finn.
Below are Richard, Craig and Brian.
Richard, Brian and Craig are your father's cousins so will be your 2nd cousin. They love Mark and I know will love you too. We are really looking forward to welcoming you into the world!
Your Mom still has a cold and is blowing her nose and coughing. You must wonder what all the barking and tummy jerks are all about!
You stay safe and warm where you are and in about 4 months time we will be here waiting for you!
Stay safe little one.
Love you already.
Silly









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023