Milestones - Veges, Teething, a Sleep over and a false alarm!


Hello Little Em,
You have been a little bit niggely lately and then on Thursday your parents told us that they could feel a little tooth on your bottom gum. On Saturday morning I was holding you in the church while Greg & Sharon's wedding rehearsal was taking place, and you kept rubbing your gums on my hand. By Sunday afternoon, a second little tooth had come through! Dear little babe, two front teeth and more to come!
On Saturday night you three slept over at our house for the first time. It was Greg's Bulls Party and Mark couldn't drive home afterwards and he didn't want your Mom to spend the night alone. Mark and Tammy brought your camp cot, blankets, toys and food and spent the whole of Saturday and Sunday here. We weren't sure how you would sleep in a strange place but you were an angel and slept through from 7pm to 2:30am without even a beep.
You are eating vegetables now. Your Mom only buys organic vegetables and steams them all before blending them into a puree. You eat so beautifully! You open your mouth for the spoon and 'chew' the food. What a little star!
We had a bit of a scare with you on Friday afternoon. I was washing dishes and you and your Mom were in the TV room. The next minute I heard you scream and cry and your Mom came rushing through with you in her arms. She said you were sitting with her on the couch when you leant forward and she heard your ankle 'click'. I went cold and grabbed you from her. I asked her which foot was it, was it a 'crack' or a 'click', who was her doctor. She grabbed you back from me and told me to get her cellphone - the numbers of the GP and paediatrician are on her phone. I suggested she phone Dr Fraser (orthopedic surgeon) but by then you had stopped crying after she gave you a bottle of juice. It was a false alarm but it was really scary, Em.
I think Tammy was quite shaken. Later that evening Mark phoned and said that he didn't know how would handle it if you had broken something - he asked me how I had coped with him but I don't know how to reassure him. One copes. One has to cope. There is nothing heroic about it - its more stoic than heroic. One day you'll understand.
This little video is of your Dad rubbing his finger on your mouth while you make brrrrrr.... noises! Cute!
I love you very much little Em.
Big hug sweetie,
Silly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023