Emily in In-ga-lund

Hello my darling Em,
You have gone to 'In-ga-lund' for a three week holiday with your Mom and Dad!  For months we have been preparing you with stories about flying in aeroplanes, sleeping on the plane, visiting Kevin and Jacks, and Graham and Geroge (Georgina).
On Saturday afternoon we needed two cars to transport you, Mom, Dad, the pram, and an assortment of backpacks and kitbags to the airport.  I really admire your Mom for taking this on!  She had a real battle trying to find someone to rpovide insurance for you and Mark as most don't cover pre-existing conditions.  In the end she did find someone - at a premium - but at least they will have some cover should either of you have an accident while you are away.
At the airport I told you that I was going to miss you terribly and wished I was going with you.  "You can come too, Danny," you said.  I told you that I was also going on an aeroplane - to Spain.  "I go with you to Spain, Danny" you said.  Sweet child. 
When you got to Johannesburg Gail was there to meet you.  She sent this photo of you three.
Dad sent an sms from London: "Hey Momzie! Arrived safely at Kevin's. Em was a star but we didn't sleep much. Em slept for about 6 hours. Going around town later."
We are so proud of you Em.  Dad was worried that they were going to be 'those people with children' who everyone avoids on long flights but you were a star!
Yesterday Mom put a photo of you on Facebook after you had been to Face-Painting at Hamleys. 
I don't even recognize the little pink tiger-face in the photograph!  That is Kevin in the background.  I posted a comment, "EEEeeeekk!!! 5 floors of wonderland!" and Kevin posted one back, "Em didn't know where to go there was so much distraction! I think I might have been the same *looks around nervously* I think the adults are in more need of a nap than the noo-noo!! :)"
Dad phoned us last night and I had a chat to you.  When I said I was missing you, you said, "We are coming to your house now-now, Danny".  Dear little thing!
It sounds as though you are having a lovely time but I am missing you guys. Yesterday I posted a photograph of your play table on Mom's Facebook so that you could see Thandi, Panther, Sparky and one-eyed-Jack waiting to have a tea-party with you when you get back.
I will be leaving here to go to Spain before you get back so I won't see you for nearly 6 weeks.  That is a long time to be without my Noo-noo!  I'll send you  regular photographs and emails so that you can see where I am walking.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAY 2017

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023