MAY 2017

My darling Em,

I was away for most of this month, walking the Camino to Santiago with Gail.  You know that Jeff had a big operation on his throat and neck last year after being diagnosed with throat cancer. 
Afterwards he needed chemo and radiation and Gail cared for him and stayed with him during his treatments.  This meant that they couldn't walk with Gumpy and me in Italy to Rome.  Gail was very disappointed but I promised her that when she was ready, I would walk with her in Italy or Spain.  She chose Spain and on 9th May we flew to Spain to start our Camino.

Tammy sent us photos of you while we were away and on your Dad's birthday we spoke to you all on Skype.  We missed all the May birthdays and the birthday dinner.


You did your 400m swim while we were away.  We were so proud of you Em!!





You had an outing with Mecayla.


The mermaid swimsuit I'd ordered for you was 
delivered - you look great in it - like a princess mermaid!


One night we stayed on a small farm owned by a family with 4 children.  This is Ruth who wanted a photograph wearing my glasses!  She is 9 years old and she introduced us a game called Story Cubes. It was such fun I decided to buy one for you when we got home.  








Every day while we were walking, we checked out the paths with you and Mark in mind for our Family Camino next year.  Some of them were very rocky and so some days I did a different route to Gail, looking for a smoother path for you and Mark to follow.





On the way home our flights were cancelled at Heathrow airport and we had to spend a long time on the plane, in the airport and 2 nights in London.  


The British Airways computer systems crashed all over the world and thousands of flights and hundreds of thousands of passengers were affected.  This was Heathrow Terminal 5 at about 10pm on Saturday 27th May.

Nobody could get their luggage because the system wasn't working so we all had to leave the airport with no luggage.

We finally got back home on Tuesday without our luggage but it was eventually delivered to us by couriers a few days later.

I was so happy to see you again but most of the presents I bought you were in the missing suitcase so we had to wait until the end of the week for it to be delivered.

Although I enjoy going on Camino walks, I always miss you and am so happy to be home so that I I can see you and give you a big hug!

Love you lots like Jelly-Tots!

Syl







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUGUST 2019

MAY - JUNE 2023